ABIDE is proud to be participating in Omaha Gives! ‐ a 24‐hour charitable challenge organized by the Omaha Community Foundation. The online giving holiday will take place May 23 from midnight to midnight. Mark your calendars because we will need your help! We will be joining over 700 local nonprofits to raise money together and compete for matching funds and prize money. The more money we raise, the larger percentage of the bonus dollars we will receive. The more donors we get to give to us, the more likely we are to win prizes.
Omaha Gives! is a one‐day event led by the Omaha Community Foundation to raise as much money as possible for local nonprofits through online fundraising. It is a community‐wide event to show off Omaha’s spirit of giving, raise awareness about local nonprofits, and celebrate the collective effort it takes to make this city great. Learn more at OmahaGives24.org.
How can you help ABIDE during Omaha Gives!?
- Schedule a gift! For your convenience, you can schedule gifts between May 1 – May 22. We encourage your to donate early if you cannot participate on May 23.
- Create a personal cheer page. This page provides a way for you to raise money on behalf of ABIDE on omahagives.org. This feature allows you to create a custom web page with pictures, video, and a personal appeal from you. Once the page is set up, you can share it with your friends and family by posting on social media, sending emails with a link to your personal page on omahagives.org, and asking them to help you reach you goal by making a donation.
- Donate to us on May 23rd!
- Spread the word! Tell your friends that you will be giving to ABIDE during Omaha Gives! on May 23 and that you need their help.
- Post about Omaha Gives! on your social media pages. Let your friends and followers know how they can give and how their donations can help us win matching and prize funds.
- Cheer us on! On May 23, watch the leaderboard on OmahaGives24.org and update our progress on social media.
- Save the date. May 23, 2018 will be a great day of generosity in Omaha. Get excited and ready to share your enthusiasm for ABIDE throughout the day.
- Thank you for your support! Thank you for your ongoing support of ABIDE. We can’t wait to see the Omaha community band together to give.
ABOUT THE OMAHA COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
The Omaha Community Foundation connects people who care about our community with the people and nonprofits who are doing the most good here. The Foundation simplifies giving and provides tools for donors to do more with their gifts. They support nonprofits through grant programs, a Nonprofit Capacity Building program, and Omaha Gives! More than 1,400 individuals, families, and organizations rely on the Omaha Community Foundation to help facilitate their charitable giving. Since the Omaha Community Foundation’s inception in 1982, those donors have given more than $1.1 billion to more than 1,800 charitable organizations. The Omaha Community Foundation helps donors manage their charitable giving, whether the donor gives $1,000 a year or $1,000,000 a year.